Tuesday, November 07, 2006


I love table tennis..

It's been a while since I have found some proper table tennis places after coming to Glasgow.. Met up with some really keen/enthusiastic paddlers near the end of last year.. when I went for the Scottish Uni table tennis open.. Didn't win anything la.. coz i play crap.. only managed to get into the quarterfinals.. then kena "Tar Pow" liao.. haha.. actually my fault la.. I actually "killed" all my games! Coz my opponent Henry was one of the most patient table tennis players that I've ever seen! So patient that you would fall asleep with his style of play.. he's very very focussed on each of his strokes/shots.. trying to minimise mistakes... calm.. cool... trying to take control all the time..
UNLIKE me! The aggressive and disinhibited one.. I either win it big.. or lose big time.. because of my style.. Hahaha... :P

Oh well.. It was great fun... coz I just wanna play table tennis.. not aiming to win anything actually la.. but overhere.. to play with the good guys you need to join them in their serious games la.. I just join la.. but don't really care.. Win, Lose or Draw... hahaha..

That's what propelled me into joining the West of Scotland Table Tennis league under the Glasgow Student Collective A Team. It's great fun!
Get to travel to different places.. on away matches.... some which are soo soo far.. e.g. Kilwinning (by the seaside)...
But now too busy liao.. I'm only playing 'home' matches nowadays.. and perhaps this will end at Christmas break..

After Christmas break... fuhyoh...
Have to study like mad.. for finals! Actually have to study even madder than the mad.. coz.. my brain is so empty.. and I'm spending a lot of time doing extra-curricular activities.. (which keeps me sane/sound through these taxing years of medical studies)...

We are doing pretty well in the West of Scotland Table Tennis League.. Division 1.. :)
http://www.wosttl.org.uk/competitions/division1.aspx

But when it's time to step down.. it's time..
No if(s), and(s) or but(s)....
Main aim is to pass exam..
Not to play table tennis as a career!
But would love to.. (if I had the potential to become a superstar)..
Why not? Can appear on TV wor!!!
And say "Thank you mum and dad.." on TV3? haha... :P

No comments: