Friday, November 17, 2006


17/11/06
5am: Streetttcccchhhhh.... time to get up!

Oh man.. today's gonna be an adventure for me!!!

7.45am: Yorkhill RHSC hospital grand round at 7.45am in the morning. Then had teaching after that by Mr. Walker (paediatric surgeon). Really good start to my day!

Left for Koko's house at noon to help him sort out his stuff/project... "business plans"! It's no ordinary business plan! It's a 25kg suitcase FULL of business plans (all paper)!!!! No joke!

Left for Glasgow International Airport..
Departed at 1405 from Glasgow International...
The flight was really cool.. super nice weather.. even managed to take some photos as I was at the window seat! That's one of the very few times that I've managed to stay awake throughout the whole journey!!!

Puffy clouds.. just like cotton.. floating above the sea...
Forming a carpet..... so soft.. that you feel like walking on them... or having them as your bedsheet! :P

Reached Dublin at 1530. Hey presto! Managed to find a taxi! It was a really good trip.. as I had a very good / chitty-chatty taxi driver... :P A very nice chap.... So there we are.. I had an afternoon with my chauffeur/tour guide/taxi driver Tony.. Who presented "Dublin in a nutshell" to me! haha.. talked about Guinness etc... How to differentiate between a quality brew from the rest....

The airport lies North to the city.. and the drop-off destination is far south... away from the city centre... had a good 'volume' of traffic.. on top of the small roads...

The journey towards the drop-off point wasn't that bad.. took us 40 minutes to reach there.. But the return journey was around an hour!

Passed by the city on our way to the enterprise... Dublin's really nice.. Very "European".. with their trams.. etc.. the roads are pretty narrow.. but it has retained its "Old Charm".... just a very different feeling.. compared to Scotland..

Oh yea.. about Guinness.. what determines a good pint of Guinness from a lousy/regular stuff? Tony mentioned that quality Guinness has a very thick froth that sticks to the glass... if you don't see the froth.. then it's not as good... oh yea.. he also said that the 'extra-cold' ones are not as good --> flavour-wise...

Due to time constraints.. I didn't manage to get my hands on some pure/quality/original Guinness in the country that produces it!
There's always another time! :)

Was in a real hurry.. After dropping off the goods.. I just returned to the airport.. heeded Tony's advice.. He was right.. the traffic was really busy... the return journey was way longer (in duration)....

You might wonder what's with all these taxi trips.. urgent flights etc..
It was a really important project! And I had all my expenses paid for :)
How good was that?

Initially I was supposed to be in Edinburgh with my flatmates for a symposium/conference on Palliative care... Had to miss that to help out my friend.. His project was actually due 2 days ago.. a lot of unforseen circumstances happened.. even DHL couldn't help them deliver the stuff in time! Due to the quantity/volume of paper!

You would ask.. why me? why did he not do it himself? it's because he needs to wait for one week to get his visa if he were to get there..
Now I'm glad to be Malaysian!!! :)

It was a really good day out for me... my first trip to Dublin.... with all travelling expenses covered by my friend's company. You know what.. Bruce Springsteen was in Dublin for a performance on the same nite!!!
Oh man... Wish I could go for the concert.. oh well... return flight fixed.. and it was a tiring day... I was "knackered".... shouldn't be so "greedy"! Tee hee hee hee

A very memorable trip indeed...

No comments: