Thursday, March 22, 2007

I understand you have had problems with anxiety... Can you tell me what you mean by that? Do you feel tense, on edge, keyed up?
Oh yeah man.... tension la brother...

Do you have difficulty relaxing?
yeah lor..

Do you feel worried or nervous?
yes.. i do... this exam la... getting on my nerves!

Can I suggest some of the things you may be feeling or experiencing?
Do you experience any of the following?

1.Physical -tiredness, insomnia, headache, dizziness, blurred vision, ringing in the ears, tightness in the throat, dry mouth, feeling of choking, tense and stiff shoulder, racing heart, unable to catch breath, tight chest, fast and shallow breathing, churning stomach, feeling sick, tense muscles, sore joints, sweating, needing the toilet, loss of libido, pins and needles, weakeness in legs, legs like jelly..

Sometimes tired lor.. insomnia.. not really.. I sleep easily... no dizziness...vision 20/20... No loss of libido (hehehehe)... not really running to the toilet more often than I used to.... not feeling sick either.. but appetite's changed... been eating rabbit food lately..... lotsa green things... seldom eat meat.... hmmm... shoulders are tensed and stiff most of the time.... need to drink more water to ease off the dryness in my mouth... no pins and needles... tired... and weakness in my legs... quite pronounced.... was being trashed by Andrew Ong... moving like a jellyfish...
slow reaction.... loss of co-ordination.....

2.Thoughts - restlessness, irritability, poor concentration, fear of death, heart attack or nervous breakdown
Yeah.... been really restless... hehehe.. (as usual)
Nervous breakdown... touch wood.. don't need that now...

3.Behaviour - avoidance, running away from an anxiety provoking situation, these behaviours are maintaining factors
Yeah lor.. I've been avoiding the Sunday badminton sessions at Stevenson's building... in hope that I can focus more... anxiety provoking situations... erm... cannot run away... it's inching closer...


Circumstances of these symptoms
How long?
For a few months..
How often?
Every now and then
Where?
erm... at home? when I keep talking to Do, Re and Mi.... and they keep telling me stories.. very disturbing indeed...
When - triggers VS out of the blue?
A bit of both?
Discrete episodes of panic VS generalised anxiety
generalised feeling of anxiety.. fidgeting from time to time..
Avoidance.
Erm... can't avoid the exams!
Anticipatory anxiety
Yea man...



I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ENDING IT ALL...
erm.. i mean the exams... :P

No comments: